Welcome to the Mount Holyoke College Art Museum! Our galleries and events are free and open to the public. For hours of operation and closure announcements, please see below.
Explore MHCAM online by visiting our Virtual Engagement page.
Art Museum Hours:
- Tuesday–Friday: 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00–5:00 pm
Closed Mondays, select College breaks, and days when the College is closed due to inclement weather. Check this page for up-to-date information.
Planned Museum closures for Spring 2024:
- Spring break - Museum closed Sat. March 16-Mon. March 25
- Summer closure - beginning Monday, May 27, 2024
- The Evans Gallery of Ancient Art is currently closed for reinstallation
Currently closed. Please use the Visitor Interest form to receive updates about open hours and upcoming events.
We welcome groups under eight to self-guide during open hours. If your group has eight or more people please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- Masks are welcome per MHC COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines.
- We ask you to always respect the space of other visitors.
- Please refrain from visiting if you are feeling unwell.
The Art Museum's lobby, galleries, auditorium, office, and a restroom are wheelchair accessible. The first floor of the Joseph Allen Skinner Museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Please do not touch the works of art.
- Large bags, backpacks, and coats you are not wearing can be a danger to the art, so please store them before entering the galleries.
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
- Small sketchbooks, notepads, and pencils are welcome in the galleries.
- For the safety of the artwork, pens and markers are not permitted. Please ask the museum guard on duty if you need a pencil.
- Only photography without flash is allowed in the galleries.
When Mount Holyoke College announces a closure, the Art Museum will also be closed. Please call 413.538.2000 for weather-related closures.