Welcome to the Mount Holyoke College Art Museum! Our galleries and events are free and open to the public. For hours of operation and closure announcements, please see below.
The Joseph Allen Skinner Museum will re-open on October 1. Explore MHCAM online by visiting our Virtual Engagement page.
The Joseph Allen Skinner Museum will re-open on Saturday, October 1, 2022. Please check back for updates.
Art Museum Hours:
- Tuesday–Friday: 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00–5:00 pm
Closed Mondays, select College breaks, and on these major holidays:
New Year's Eve, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
Health and Safety Protocols:
- Please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth through at least September 30 per MHC COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines.
- We ask you to always respect the space of other visitors.
- Please refrain from visiting if you are feeling unwell.
The Art Museum's lobby, galleries, auditorium, office, and a restroom are wheelchair accessible. The first floor of the Joseph Allen Skinner Museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Please do not touch the works of art.
- Large bags, backpacks, and coats you are not wearing can be a danger to the art, so please store them before entering the galleries.
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
- Small sketchbooks, notepads, and pencils are welcome in the galleries.
- For the safety of the artwork, pens and markers are not permitted. Please ask the museum guard on duty if you need a pencil.
- Only photography without flash is allowed in the galleries.
When Mount Holyoke College announces a closure, the Art Museum will also be closed. Please call 413.538.2000 for weather-related closures.