Student Guide Program
Student Guide Program at the Mount Holyoke College Art Museum
The Student Guide Program offers students an opportunity to work closely with Museum staff, learn about the Museum's collections, and give tours to campus, community, and K-12 audiences. You need not be an art history major to apply! MHCAM Student Guides come from a wide variety of majors and disciplines. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious students with a diverse range of interests and backgrounds.
The student guide program meets on Friday afternoons for the full academic year -- applicants must be able to meet on Fridays during both the fall and spring semesters and plan their schedules accordingly.
Applicants must apply through JobX but may choose to receive either student employment compensation for their work or academic credit (two credits per semester). Please email Kendra Weisbin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will be accepted via JobX during Spring 2024. Check back before Spring break for the application deadline.
Required documents will include the following:
- Resume (must include name, class year, and major/minor)
- Name of one faculty reference
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the Museum’s Student Guide Program?
- What are some of your academic and extracurricular interests?
- What do you hope to gain from your experience as a Student Guide?