Student Guide Program
Student Guide Program at the Mount Holyoke College Art Museum
The Student Guide Program offers students an opportunity to work closely with Museum staff, learn about the Museum's collections, and give tours to campus, community, and K-12 audiences. You need not be an art history major to apply! MHCAM Student Guides come from a wide variety of majors and disciplines. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious students with a diverse range of interests and backgrounds.
The student guide program meets on Friday afternoons for the full academic year -- applicants must be able to meet on Fridays in both the fall and spring semester and plan their schedules accordingly. Program participants may choose to receive either academic credit (two credits per semester) or student employment compensation for their work.
DEADLINE for the 2022-2023 academic year: April 12, 2022
To apply please submit the following elements as a single PDF or Word doc to Kendra Weisbin, Associate Curator of Engagement and Interpretation, at email@example.com, by April 12, 2022:
- Resume (must include name, class year, and major/minor)
- Name of one faculty reference
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the Museum’s Student Guide Program?
- What are some of your academic and extracurricular interests?
- What do you hope to gain from your experience as a Student Guide?